Although meeting weekly as a mission of the First Baptist Church of Paris from 1907, it was not until 1921 that Ramseur Baptist Church separated herself as fully organized and chartered Baptist Church. It was a dear Christian lady, Fannie Ramseur, who donated the first property for the church build on 12th St. S.E. As a memorial the new church adopted the family name as their name calling the church Ramseur Memorial Baptist Church. Many years later the name was shortened by removing “Memorial”.
It was during this time that the first picture of the congregation was taken. Down through the years the were two key events that would shape the future of the church. The first occurred in 1932 when Dr. George Burnside led the congregation to leave the SBC and align in fellowship only with churches who stood by the fundamentals of historic baptist doctrine. The largest practical impact this had was on the emphasis of world missions. Since those early days Ramseur has been known for Sending and Supporting foreign missions. The second event that has shaped the ministry of the church was the move from 12th St. to the present property on Lamar Ave. It was in 1973, after years of planning, fundraising, and construction they moved in the new facility and rapidly grew. Today, Ramseur looks back fondly on her past yet enjoys more looking to the bright future the Lord has in store for us!